Glucometer or Glucose Meter are the monitoring devices which can give you information about your blood sugar level. You can check your blood sugar with this device, Whether is too low, too high or in a good range. These devices give you feedback and it is quite important to regularly monitor your blood sugar. It helps you to manage your diabetes, As the situations aren’t that good in the country now. Stepping out of the house is like stepping into the danger itself. So with this Glucometer you can regularly check your blood sugar levels and contact your doctor regarding this.
But before all this you should know how to properly use this device.
When you get an Glucometer, First you need you have these things.
- An Alcohol Prep Pad, If that isn’t available you can use soap and water as well.
- A Test Strip and Glucometer
- A Notebook to record the results displayed on the meter.
How to use Glucometer:
- First arrange the items mentioned above and wash your hands to prevent any type of infection.
- Turn on the glucometer and palace the test strip in the machine. Watch for the indicator for placing the blood on the test strip.
- Pierce your fingertip carefully and place the drop of blood on the strip.
- The Glucometer will take a few moments to calculate the sugar levels in the blood. After the result is displayed, You can either take a photo or note down the results in the book and send it to your doctor for further instructions.
If you want to know whether your blood sugar level is low, high or in range. We are here providing the range of the blood sugar levels. But these levels may vary depending on your age, based on the activity you do, gender and type of diabetes as well. There are two types of diabetes: Type 1 and Type 2. We will talk about that later. Now lets see the range.
- Preprandial blood glucose(Pre-Meal)- 80 to 130mg/dL
- Postprandial Blood glucose(Post-Meal)- Less than 180 mg/dL
- A1C- Less than 7%
How to use Glucometer in Hindi Tutorial (ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY)
There are two types of diabetes. Let’s discuss about them in detail:
Type 1: Type 1 diabetes is a condition marked by an inability to produce adequate insulin. So the people suffering with Type 1 diabetes should frequently check your blood sugar levels and you have to make sure that you have to take enough insulin to keep your blod sugar stable.
Type 2: Type 2 diabetes is also called as gestational diabetes. Depending on whether you take insulin or not. Generally you should test before meals and at bed time. This is comparatively less harmless than Type 1.
The Best Uses of the Glucometer are:
- With the help of the Glucometer you can check how controlled your blood sugar is.
- You can understand that patterns of your glucose levels in your body
- You can also understand whether your glucose levels are responding or not after exercising.
- You can test your sugar levels at home itself, and monitor them regularly.
- You can carry this Glucometer anywhere and you can test your sugar levels while travelling as well.
- You can use this for kids as well who are suffering with diabetes at such a younger age.