Glucometer are the devices which can be used for monitoring blood sugar levels. There are some brands available in the market. These Glucometers can be handled manually and automatically as well. Now many of the glucometers are coming with smart built ups which can be connected to your smart phones and store the results in your device.
How to Calibrate One Touch Select Simple Glucometer
One Touch Glucometer is one of the best brands available in the market. These glucometers come with excellent features and accurate readings which would be quite helpful. When the strips are over, You need to buy new strips which can be determined with the range of your blood sugar levels. After buying the strips, Here is how you need to check whether the machine and the strips are working properly or not.
- First you need to have an One Touch Glucometer, A Test Solution and the strips which you have got.
- Check the range mentioned on the strips box and also check the expiry date as well.
- After making sure that everything is in order, Carefully take out one strip from the box and turn on the One Touch Glucometer.
- After turning it on, Place the testing strip in the device. The device will take a few seconds to operate, and then it will show the indication that a drop of blood is required for testing.
- Then open the testing solution’s cap and drop a small dot of liquid on the strip.
- Count down from 5 to 1 and the result is displayed on the screen.
- If the range is between the numbers shown on the box, then the machine and the strips are working perfectly and you can start using these strips.
- If it is not in the range, Then you should take a new machine or new strips which are perfectly suitable for the One Touch Glucometer.
- It is better to take the Glucometer and check it when you are buying the strips or you can also ask your doctor or pharmacists whether which one is suitable for the One Touch Glucometer.
So this is the process of calibrating One Touch Glucometer. If you have any doubts, You can also check Youtube Videos as well.